Theultra high molecular weight Polyethylen has a high abrasion resistance (very good glide characteristics) and a high toughness at the same time. The chemical and the crack resistance are optimised in comparison to the standard PE-HD. The operating temperature of PE-UHMW is from -150 °C to +90 °C.
• low density
• very good wear resistance
• very high abrasion resistance
• high toughness (also at low temperature)
• high elongation at break
• very good electrical and dielectric properties
• very low water absorption
• low steam permeability
• high chemical resistance
• good protection against stress cracking
• food safe
Pumping and valve parts, gaskets, glide profiles, parts for the food industry.